- Vascular Surgery
- General Vascular Treatment
- Thoracic Surgery
- Executive Officer at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia
- Officer in Charge of the Expeditionary Medical Facility in Djibouti, Africa
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Western Angiographic and Interventional Society
- The Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Dr. John York
Surgeon, Vascular Surgery Specialist
Dr. John York is committed to bettering the lives of people who suffer from varicose veins. A board-certified Interventional and Diagnostic Radiologist, with over two decades of practice, he is excited to be a member of the Empire Vein Specialists team.
Dr. York completed his undergraduate studies at the United States Naval Academy, first serving his country in Naval Aviation before completing medical school at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland. He then completed his residency and fellowship training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and hit the ground running. Since then, Dr. York has spent almost 20 years practicing Vascular and Interventional Radiology, serving a variety of institutions from large military hospitals, to combat hospitals, to outpatient vascular access centers. A constant theme in his career has been his laser-like focus on doing what is best for the patient.
Over the years, Dr. York has become a member of many esteemed organizations, such as the Society of Interventional Radiology, and the Western Angiographic and Interventional Society. While in medical school, he was selected for the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Additionally, he has published over a dozen academic peer-reviewed articles and received numerous military honors for his performance in leadership positions on the Board of Directors and as the Executive Officer at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia, and as the Officer in Charge of the Expeditionary Medical Facility in Djibouti, Africa.
Dr. York joined Empire Vein Specialists in 2022 and is the head practitioner at the Chula Vista office. In his free time, he enjoys surfing, hiking, volunteering at the local animal shelter, and spending time with his family.
Education and Board Certification:
- Board-certified Interventional and Diagnostic Radiologist
- Medical school at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland
- Residency and fellowship training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Undergraduate studies at the United States Naval Academy